Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Mini-Book Project - Saving Christmas Cards

So far it has been a good year. I am spending my time being crafty and there is nothing better in my opinion.
I am always inspired by what I find on GinaRaeMillerPhotography.com. If you remember I purchased her
family binder printables back in September. I love my binder. Her projects are always so practical. I love that!

Yesterday she posted her mini album of Christmas cards and I knew I had to create one! I get so sad to "dispose" of my Christmas cards at the end of the year. This year I created this little album and I'm so excited with how it turned out. Looking forward to having collections each year to look back at. Here are a few photos.






I purchased one 12x12 sheet of Echo Park red swirl scrapbook paper, rings and some red foil thickers from my local Hobby Lobby. I took the project with me to Emma's volleyball practice and had it done before the practice was over. I started by rounding all the corners of my cards, cut the cover and back page from the 12x12 paper, hole punched it all and added it all to the rings. It was a quick and easy project and my heart is happy that I get to keep them all!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

What a fantastic idea l don't like throwing them out this is q great way of keeping them:) Sandra H

Sarabeth said...

what a wonderful idea-i absolutely love it and can't wait to do my own, maybe tomorrow :)

happy scrappin!

sarabeth

Leslie said...

Oh, my! I have all my cards back to 2000. This will be a project for the ages!!

Capture.Record.Scrap said...

Such a neat idea Nicole, and your book turned out so cute..:)