Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's News

2011 was a great year! I made a promise to be more active. This is a promise that I actually kept! I lost over 30 pounds and am now officially a jogger. I would say runner, but I don't think I move fast enough to qualify for that title yet! Perhaps by the end of 2012 that will change!
Because my hobby is not an active one, scrapbooking took the back burner. I dropped my most time consuming roles on Store Creative Teams and tried to spend less time in the forums, which ate up a lot of my time and caused me to be more sedentary and not in touch with my family and friends. It was a good thing.
I still managed to score some great CT positions with individual designers and I'm the happiest I've been in terms of my commitments with my amazing hobby of scrapbooking. I am designing for ALL of my favorites! Truly blessed!
Now that I am committed to jogging every other day, I am ready to start adding some additional scrapbooking positions and commitments into my life. I think I am ready for it!
I recently was asked to join the Creative Memories Design Team. I was hesitant about it at first because they wanted me to use their software. I gave it a whirl and I really love using their Storybook Creator 4.0. It's so easy to use and was created for scrapbooking. In fact, if I were new to digital scrapbooking this is the route I would take. So all of you out there wanting to give digital scrapbooking a try, I would recommend it. It's much cheaper and super easy to use! Photoshop is still my go to for editing photos and that will not change! I feel honored to be working for this company. I'm still amazed that I am actually getting paid to do what I love so much! It's really a blessing!
I also am attempting Project Life this year. I just joined a little group of other SUPER creative women for this journey. I am really excited for this and look forward to sharing my progress with you all.
A couple of other projects and positions are in the works. I will get to share those with you soon! In the meantime, I'm off for a jog and then off to get ready for a New Year's Eve get together with my very best friend and her family. Because after all, you must live life to create a "project life".

Happy NEW YEAR!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

So excited for you Nicole! you are such an amazing and inspiring scrapping! Creative Memories is so lucky to have you!!! We are so gonna do this PL thing too!!! We can make it happen!! :D I hope you have a fantastic new year!!

Lorell said...

Congrats on losing 30 lbs...that's takes lot of hard work and consistent effort! Sounds like you've found a great balance between the important things in your life. Good for you!

joscelyne cutchens said...

Happy New Year Nicole :) Congrats on losing 30lbs, that's awesome!

joscelyne cutchens said...

oh, and I've jumped on the PL bandwagon too.

Laure said...

Happy new year!!! Congrats for the lost of weight... that would be my wish for 2012.. losing a few kilos!!! You'll see, running is a drug and I m sure you will call you a "runner" at the end of 2012. That's what i wish for you!!
You desserve all the things that happen in your scrapbooking life, i love your design!!
xoxo