Sunday, January 10, 2010

Meal Planning Monday

I got this idea from my SIL, Katy. However, I will just be planning meals for Monday-Thursday. We go out on Friday and Bryan cooks on the weekend. Yes, I'm a bit spoiled.
I'm going to begin our journey by using recipes from this site, Picky Palate. Emma sat down this morning
and chose the recipes she wants me to try. We'll use recipes from this site every day, but Thursday. Emma requested black beans and rice (and a salad) for Thursday. Easy and OK with me!

Monday - BBQ Chicken Crusted Smoked Cheddar Mac and green beans
Tuesday - Crock Pot Beef Tacos In Soft Tortilla Bread and a salad
Wednesday - Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
Thursday - Black beans and rice with a salad

LUNCH:
I'll be making this recipe for Bryan and I to enjoy for lunches this week.
Sesame Mandarin Quinoa Salad

That site that I mentioned last week...not popular with the family. So this is the second attempt at making meals they will eat!

2 comments:

The Links said...

I'm so glad you are doing meal planning monday!! Some of your meals this week sound delicious. I just might have to try them. I love meal planning, because I don't have to think at all each night what we are having. I try to go to the grocery store on Sunday or Monday and then I know that I will have all the ingredients to make what I have plan.

You should have Bryan talk to Matt about cooking on the weekend. We usually go out on Friday or do something really easy too. But no cooking on the weekend would be awesome. Only problem....I'm not sure I would want to eat what Matt would cook!!

The Links said...

And.....I've been looking at that website that you got the recipes from. There are alot of yummy looking things!!